Try some of these methods to get rid of ants outdoors.
- Boiling water. Rake open the nest and pour in boiling water (add liquid soap for extra killing power). …
- Vinegar. Mix equal parts vinegar and water. …
- Water. Soak the nest for 15 to 30 minutes with water from a hose, saturating soil. …
- Boric acid. …
- Chemical ant killers.
Using vinegar with a 5% concentration is the best way to kill ants outside. Pour one quart of the concentrated vinegar into the nests to kill the ants on contact. Cayenne Pepper Sauce Ant Killer Using a combination of soap and cayenne pepper kills ants on contact.
30 Natural Home Remedies To Get Rid of Ants From Home & Garden
Best Outdoor Ant Killers in 2020 – Top 5 Ant Killers for Your Lawn and Garden.
How to Spray for Ants Outdoors | DoMyOwn.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I treat my house for ants?
Why do ants come inside?
- Promptly clean up food spills before ants discover them.
- Store ripe fruit in the fridge and all other food in airtight containers.
- Clean out trash cans (inside and outside)
- Keep pet bowls clean and wipe up any spilled food/water around them.
What's the purpose of ants in the home?
Workers are the females that most people come in contact with. They don’t reproduce but are in charge of finding food and caring for the offspring. The male ants only have one purpose and that is to mate with the queen and die. For many people, it is important not to use pesticides in the home.
Where do carpenter ants nest in a house?
Carpenter ants nest in moist, decaying wood outdoors and in homes and buildings. If infestations grow, they may also expand into sound wood. These ants usually have more than one nesting site, including a parent and satellite colonies. To control carpenter ants: Trim trees and shrubs away from the home,...