How to Repair Flaking Paint
- Using a scraper, wire brush, or 80 to 100-grit sandpaper, remove any loose or peeling paint from the damaged area. …
- Using a putty knife, apply a thin layer of patching material to the damaged area. …
- Use 220-grit sandpaper to smooth the patched area and make it even with the surface.
How to Repaint Over Chipped Paint
- Step 1. Scrape loose, chipped paint from the surface, using a putty knife or wire brush. Wipe away remaining dust and…
- Step 2. Fill deep areas — caused by removing several layers of old paint, for instance — with joint compound, using…
- Step 3. Sand the compound — or low, scraped areas — smooth, using 120- or 150-grit drywall sand…
Paint Chip Repair Made Easy
Painting over Peeling, Cracking, deck paint! Independence,KY
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the best way to repaint painted furniture?
Click here for a full tutorial on How to Prep Painted Furniture. This painted pedestal table is thoroughly sanded and cleaned prior to repainting . Once your painted furniture is properly sanded, cleaned and prepped you may paint. Grab your paintbrush, make sure it’s clean and get your favorite furniture paint.
What's the best way to paint over paint?
Smash paint into those crevice areas to make sure that the old paint is a thing of the past. Pin for later! Next, flip your table over to paint the top. The flat Zibra is a better choice since it covers more surface area than the round. Since the previous paint job has a visible direction that the paint goes in, try to stay with the same.