- Vacuum the bath mat to remove dust and dirt particles.
- Spread a thin even layer of baking powder over the bath mat. Baking powder is an odor absorber that sucks the odor-causing agents from the mat.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour.
- Vacuum the baking powder from the mat.
The two B’s of odor removal – borax and baking soda. They work wonders together and make stinky rugs smell fresh again. Mix together 1 cup borax and 1 cup baking soda. The recipe can be adjusted depending on the size of your rug.
20 UNUSUAL AND EASY CLEANING HACKS TO MAKE YOUR HOUSE SPARKLE
Carpet Cleaning : How to Remove Mildew & a Musty Smell From Carpet
I shampooed my carpet and now it smells like urine
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop my bathroom rug from smelling?
Simply put plain white vinegar in an empty spray bottle and keep it on hand to occasionally spritz your bath mat. The vinegar smell will dissipate quickly, and the vinegar will help combat bacteria, mildew and bad smells. Use the spray to stretch out the times between washings.
How do you get the smell out of a bath mat?
- Plug the bathtub drain. Remove any tags or paper labels from the shower mat. ...
- Pour approximately 1 tablespoon of dish soap on top of the mat. Turn on the hot water. ...
- Soak the shower mat for three to four hours.
- Remove the shower mat and lay it flat on a towel.
How do you get mildew smell out of bath mats?
Place the mat in the washing machine and set the machine to a gentle cycle setting and the water temperature to a warm or hot setting, to kill any existing mold, mildew or bacteria on the bath mat. Pour laundry detergent and a capful of white vinegar in with the mat to clean and sanitize.
Why does my rug have an odd smell?
Odd smells are a fairly common problem with rugs of all different fibers and constructions, and can usually be resolved by following a few simple steps.