Change the orientation of a selection
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- Highlight the text or image that you want to change the orientation. Right click on the text or image.
- Select Change page to landscape or Change page to portrait.
Sign into Google Drive and open a new or an existing document in Google Docs. Go to File > Page setup in the menu. In the Page setup dialog box, choose the orientation you want to use: Portrait or Landscape. Click OK and exit.
Google Docs: Add a Picture, Crop, Create a Border
Drag and drop a picture into Word Document (Easily – WITHOUT picture distortion).
Google Docs: Working With Images
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you have portrait and landscape in Google Docs?
Currently a single Google Document can only be either Landscape or Portrait not both. Changing page orientation is done by selecting File and then Page setup... It is currently recommended to separate the Landscape and Portrait pages into different documents.
How do I format a picture in Google Docs?
Just follow these steps:
- From your Google Doc, select the Insert menu and choose Drawing.
- In the drawing click on the Insert Image icon and upload your image or choose one from other options.
- Once the image uploads, click on it to select it and you can now crop and edit the image.