How to Clean an Exterior Concrete Wall
- Spray the entire wall with water to rinse off dust and dirt. …
- Dissolve 1/2-ounce of trisodium phosphate (TSP) in a gallon of hot water in a large bucket. …
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves and wear eye protection. …
- Dip a stiff scrub brush into the TSP solution.
How to Smooth a Concrete Wall Finish
- Step 1. Sand any particularly bad areas of concrete with rough-grit sandpaper. Do not try to make the wall level.
- Step 2. Roll liquid concrete bonding agent over the surface of the wall in fairly straight lines using a short-napped…
- Step 3. Trowel a 3/8-inch layer of concrete over the wall with a straight trowel. Drag the flat of…
DIY concrete grinding for my garage!!!
How to Repair an Uneven Concrete Sidewalk or Driveway
How to Clean a Garage Floor
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean smooth cement?
How to Clean Concrete Floors
- Clear debris. Clean and clear the floor of all debris, dirt and dust using a vacuum, soft bristle broom or dry dust mop.
- Apply Simple Green Multi-Surface Floor Care. Spray the cleaning solution as a light mist across your floor section by section.
- Mop up in sections. ...
How do you clean textured concrete walls?
Mix together 1 gallon of water and ½ cup of chlorine bleach if the walls have mold or mildew. After scrubbing the walls as directed earlier, scrub them again, this time with a stiff scrub brush and the bleach solution.
What's the best way to clean garage walls?
Using a roller, apply a thin coat of paint in long, horizontal strokes. Start at the top of the walls and work your way down to the floor. Allow each coat of paint to dry all the way before applying another. Use a minimum of two to three coats of paint for complete coverage. Let the final layer dry completely before removing the painter's tape.
What should I put on my garage walls before painting?
After you've cleaned your garage walls, it's important that you prime them before painting. If you're working with fresh drywall, make sure to apply a coat of quality drywall primer with polyvinyl acetate (or PVA). This step is crucial to a smooth and even finish.
What to use to skim coat concrete floor?
Lay plastic drop cloths on the floor to protect it from the skim-coating process. Cover any items such as furniture that will remain in the room during the skim-coating. Scrape the wall lightly with a 6-inch drywall knife to remove any loose cement or other substances stuck on the wall.