Soapy water is the safest cleaning solution for most gas grills. Just make a cleaning solution with water and a squirt or two of mild dishwashing soap. Wipe the exterior of the grill with the soapy water, use a rag dipped in clean water to remove the soap residue, and then dry the exterior of the grill thoroughly.
How to Clean the Outside of a Gas Grill
- Make a baking soda paste with three parts baking soda and one part water.. Baking soda paste is one of the most…
- Coat the outside of your grill with the baking soda paste.. You won’t need to coat every inch of the gas grill. Just…
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.. Depending on how greasy the grill is, you may need to wait…
How to Clean Your Natural Gas Grill
How to Get Your Grill Sparkling
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean the outside of a propane grill?
Here's our quick and easy strategy to keep the outside of your gas grill clean and fresh.
- Make a baking soda paste with three parts baking soda and one part water. ...
- Coat the outside of your grill with the baking soda paste. ...
- Let it sit for 15 minutes. ...
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the area clean.
How do you clean the outside of a BBQ?
Simply wash the outside of your gas grill with warm, soapy water. Use the Exterior Grill Cleaner and Stubborn Stain Remover (enameled grills only) to bring back the shine to your grill!
What's the best way to clean the outside of a grill?
Baking soda paste is one of the most effective ways to clean a grill. If you don’t have baking soda, the next best solution is to mix warm water and grease-cutting dish soap. 2. Coat the outside of your grill with the baking soda paste.
How long does it take to clean a gas grill?
Leaving the grill burning for 15 minutes allows for any remaining grease or food particles left over from your last use to be burned into ash, and easily removed. Clean the grilling grates. When the grilling grates are no longer hot to the touch, (but still warm), turn off the gas supply, and disconnect the gas.
Can you use a hose to clean a gas grill?
You’ll see many gas grill cleaning guides recommend using a hose to clean the inside of burners. DO NOT DO THAT! Water can cause rust and prevent your burners from working properly. Instead, shake them out to dislodge any debris inside.
Why does my Weber grill need to be cleaned?
If your grill is located in a particularly harsh environment, you will want to clean the outside more often. Acid rain, pool chemicals, and salt water can cause surface rusting to appear.