If you find yourself with a clogged drain line, hot water, vinegar, and baking soda can serve as an inexpensive way to unclog it. Pour the hot water down the drain first, then baking soda, then vinegar, followed by more hot water after you’ve let the mixture sit in the drain for 10-15 minutes.
Pour half a cup of baking soda into the bathroom drain. Allow it to sit while you wait for the water to boil to give it time to break up fatty acids and gunk in the drain pipe. Pour the boiling water directly into the drainpipe. Allow the hot water and baking soda ten minutes to work, breaking up the clog.
BGJWSC – How Do I Clean Out a Clogged Sewer Pipe?
Unclogging a Shower Drain – How to Unclog a Shower Drain
how to clean blocked pipe easily
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean a choked drain pipe?
Make your own unclogging mixture out of household supplies.
- Start by pouring a pot of boiling water down your drain.
- After you do this, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Follow this with a solution of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup very hot water.
How do you clean a bathroom drain pipe?
Allow the baking soda to sit for a few minutes. Next, pour 1 cup white vinegar down the drain. Cover the opening as the vinegar and baking soda creates a foam; this will direct the foam down to the clogged area. Let the mixture sit for 1 hour, then rinse with another half gallon of boiling water.
How do you unblock a bathroom waste pipe?
Baking Soda and vinegar
- Pour a pot of boiling water down the drain.
- Pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain. Let it settle for a few minutes.
- Follow up with a cup of white vinegar and a little more hot water.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Flush with boiling water.
Do you have to mix vinegar and baking soda to clear a drain?
No mixing is needed before pouring down the drain. The mixture will foam up on its own as the chemical reaction occurs. For a vinegar and baking soda combination: use 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of white vinegar.