There are only a few basic requirements that you must meet before you can take the LARE in Texas.
- First, you must have graduated from an accredited landscape architecture college program.
- Second, you need two years of internship experience working under the direct supervision of a licensed landscape architect.
Shade garden retreat |Lynne Dobson |Central Texas Gardener
Eco-Sensitive Small Design |Yarrow Landscaping |Central Texas Gardener
Residential Landscape Design Steve Huddleston
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I start a career in landscape design?
What Is a Landscape Designer?
- Step 1: Research Landscape Designer Career Duties and Education. In this profession, you may design backyards for private residences, city walkways, highways and parks. ...
- Step 2: Earn a Bachelor's Degree. ...
- Step 3: Complete an Internship. ...
- Step 4: Obtain Employment. ...
- Step 5: Get Certified.
How to get a landscape architect's license in Texas?
In order to take this exam, landscape architects must obtain a degree from an accredited landscape architecture program and gain at least two years of experience through an internship in the field.
What are the requirements to become a landscape designer?
Exam eligibility requires candidates to have a degree in landscape architecture from an accredited institution and have one to four years of on-the-job experience under the supervision of a licensed landscape designer.
What kind of work can a landscaper do in Texas?
Services qualifying as general landscape work in Texas include planting, maintaining, trimming, transplanting, relocating and spraying any plant, including bushes and trees. Other services include identifying, preventing or curing plant diseases and performing general lawn care like mowing and watering.
How often do you need to renew your landscape design certification?
Certification provides professional recognition to landscape designers that have demonstrated excellence in the field. It is based on the evaluation of the candidate's submitted work. Certification must be renewed every three years by completing 30 hours of continuing education credits.